Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 7

Today, and every day, I am so thankful for my amazing husband.


Go ahead, cue the cheesy love music..... 

On November 1st, 2004 I met the most special person I would meet for the rest of my life.  Neither one of us thought that at the time; he thought I was crazy, I thought he was rude (only because he was quiet).  We spent the next 3 years becoming friends and getting to know each other, encouraging each other through our daily life.  We were both in relationships, but knew there was something special between us.  When things didn't work out in my relationship, the first person I thought to finally be able to call was Jordan.  Funny thing, when we talked he asked if I wanted to go on a date, he was recently single too!  Neither of us had any idea the other's relationship had ended as we hadn't talked in a while.  Funny how God works.  



From our first date on January 5th, 2007 we couldn't get enough of our time together.  We grew closer in our love and stronger in our relationship.  He had really become my best friend and I knew there would never be life without him.  The night he proposed, December 8th, 2007, was a dream come true.  And to make it even more perfect, he did it on the steps of the state capitol with the Christmas lights.  It was breathtaking and more than perfect.  



We were wed on August 16, 2008 and the day was spent with our friends and family in the most beautiful way we could have imagined.  It was the best day of my life, next to the day our little man arrived.  Nothing beats getting all dolled up to feel your most beautiful and promising the rest of your life to the most amazing man, your best friend, in front of all the people who care most about you. 



The past 4 years of marriage have been the biggest blessing.  J has taught me the true definition of family.  I trust him, admire him, pray for him and love him.  He is such a strong person, so dedicated, hardworking, loyal, encouraging, honest, sincere and fun-loving.  He is always laughing and having a great time.  We have grown together, laughed and cried together, brought another life into the world and made plans for forever together.  I can't wait to grow old with such a special person. I am one lucky lady!





No comments:

Post a Comment