Today I am most grateful for my gracious God.
I grew up in church, and knowing God; but when I was older and starting experiencing His grace, feeling His love and understanding the magnitude of who He is, I really began to appreciate it all.
I had an almost fatal scare years ago, when I was in my late teens/early 20s. I will never forget the feeling I had when I came to in the middle of it all. I felt such a calm, strong presence. I have never experienced anything like it before, or since. I didn't see any "light" or spirit. I just felt. I know God took care of me that day and I lived from that day forward knowing that I was here for a purpose.
I have always said I am not the best about understanding when God tries to show me something. I literally have to be slapped across the face with it before I understand what He is trying to show me. He is good at that. :-) God has given me such wonderful opportunities that I know a lot of people don't have. I feel like sometimes He doesn't just open a door for me, but pushes me through it. I have learned, more so recently, to take those opportunities as blessings and not be overwhelmed by what they may entail. He kind of knows what He's doing. lol
God knows my heart, good and bad. The thought that someone so big, can love someone like me is so special and warming. To know I have, and will, make mistakes in life and still be wholly loved by Him is the best feeling. He has blessed me with an amazing husband and most perfect little boy, when I never deserved it. He takes care of us daily and always provides. He really is my "most thankful". God is good, ALL THE TIME!

No comments:
Post a Comment