Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 6

Today, and every day, I am so thankful for my freedom.  



I have never been a big political person, but I have done my best to keep myself educated in what is going on around me.  In all the tension I witness based on who you choose to vote for, I have stopped to think about how lucky we are to have the freedom and rights that we do, to be able to speak our mind and vote the way we want.  We have so many loved ones who have lost their lives so we have the freedom we do.  There are still so many men and women who are fighting for those rights.  

I have the ability and right to vote for whom I choose, believe in what I want, dress and live how I want, and worship my God the way I want.  There are so many places around our world with people who have no rights; young girls are killed for looking at a man or wanting to gain an education, Christians are killed because of their beliefs and children are killed because of their gender.  

How lucky we are that we live in a country where we can not only choose the way we live life, but also have a voice that can be heard.  Tonight I am thankful for our troops, my family members who have served, and my freedom because of those people.  I may not agree with a lot of government decisions and some of the ways things have/will change in our country, but I am still so proud to be an American.  I am so thankful I have my freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment