I was worried he would be overwhelmed, scared, etc. Boy was I wrong! He walked right in and started playing. He was so excited to see other kids his age and seemed so comfortable. He was already fitting right in! I leaned down to tell him I would be back later to pick him up and asked if he was ok. He turned around, gave me a huge hug, big kiss, put his little hands on my shoulders and said "bye bye momma". I knew he was going to be just fine.
As we walked out, headed to our jobs, I just kept thinking "how did we get here?" "how is our little boy so grown up?" Yesterday, literally what seems like days ago, he was learning to crawl. I have quickly learned what all those experienced parents were talking about when they said "it's gonna fly by....." Boy has it flown.
I couldn't be more proud of our precious boy. He is the sweetest, most affectionate little guy. He is so gentle and genuine, even at such a young age. He loves to be outside, and runs like crazy. I tell everyone he is so good at being a toddler. He has it down to an art. Where does the energy come from?! As tired as we may some evenings, he is so much fun and we wouldn't trade it for the world. Our little boy is so smart, already counting to 20, knows over 10 shapes and even more colors and can recognize all letters. He learns so quickly, I can't wait to see how much more he picks up at school.


I am so glad that he is enjoying his new school and that he loves being there. He is such a precious little boy and he is growing up too fast. Enjoy every minute you have with him and make every minute count. I know you do and enjoy all the joy he brings! Love that boy!
ReplyDelete