Today was day 2 of my Random Acts of Kindness, open the door for strangers. Church this morning was the perfect opportunity! Funny thing, our worship leader made a comment about how the malls and other similar places make Christmas seem so elaborate and commercialized, but to try and keep your eye open for the little things that remind us what this season is all about.
I noticed one of the church volunteers was holding one side of the double doors open, but nobody was at the other, so I asked if I could help her. She seemed a little curious as to why, but was glad to have help. After a little while, she finally asked what made me want to help, so I was able to share my "project" for this month. She then asked why I wanted to do something like this. I went into further detail about my mom and she was so sweet to be so interested in my life.
We spent the next bit getting to know each other and sharing laughs and small life stories. We learned quite a bit about each other in a short amount of time and I so enjoyed her company. She was so genuine and caring. When it was getting close to time to stop holding the doors, because the next service was about to start, she asked my name. I told her mine and she introduced herself. Her name................Donna, also my mom's name.
No comments:
Post a Comment